If you take medication on a long- term basis, and the doctor has added your medication into the repeat prescribing scheme, you may request a prescription by:
- Delivering into the surgery a completed repeat prescription sheet using the tear off side of your prescription.
- Posting the tear off side of your prescription and enclosed a stamped addressed envelope if you wish your prescription to be mailed to you.
- During opening hours by completing a written request form in the surgery and placing it in the repeat prescription box provided.
- Fax a written request on 0191 2375419.
- Order online via the link at the top of this page. New users are required to complete a simple registration.
Please note we do not take repeat prescription requests over the telephone.
Your prescription will be available for you to pick up within a maximum of 48 hours either at the surgery or we can arrange for you to pick it up from one of our local chemists.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions. The computer system will not permit requests for medication which will extend beyond the maximum number of issues allowed (usually, but not always, 12 months).